School partners enjoy collections-based, collaborative programming that enrich both teachers and students with a blend of classroom and museum education. Students explore ways The Huntington's collections can inspire wonder, while teachers become empowered to utilize The Huntington's collections to enhance their curriculum. Together, these partnerships support a community of inquiry, life-long learning, and enhanced student achievement.
School partnerships are available in the following collection areas:
- Science & Art
A partnership focused on Teacher Education will also be offered.
School Partnership Benefits
- Free admission for partner school students and their families
- School programs relevant to collection area and partnership
- Deep Learning Days: immersive days of inquiry, specially designed tours and hands-on learning
- Family Day for the school
- Collaborative projects with community arts and science partners
- Classroom visits from Huntington staff/teachers with interactive and engaging lessons
- School event attendance
- School Partnership Program is a two-year commitment
- Participants must attend a mandatory planning meeting in May
The application period is now closed. Please check back in January of 2021 for the application. The next school partnership cycle will be from Fall of 2021 through Spring of 2023.
For program questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org