School partners enjoy collections-based, collaborative programming that enrich both teachers and students with a blend of classroom and museum education. Students explore ways The Huntington's collections can inspire wonder, while teachers become empowered to utilize The Huntington's collections to enhance their curriculum. Together, these partnerships support a community of inquiry, life-long learning, and enhanced student achievement.
School partnerships are available in the following collection areas:
- Teacher Education
The Huntington is adding two new virtual school partnerships for the 2021–2022 academic year: a Library research partner and a STEM/STEAM partner. All programming will be facilitated using online platforms.
The application deadline is Feb. 28. New partners will be notified in March if they are accepted, with the partnerships beginning in August 2021 and ending in June 2022.
- A class, cohort, club or small group
- Students in grades 6-12
- Schools that can demonstrate a need for such a partnership (Title 1, % FRPM, other)
- Enthusiastic students and teachers who are excited to partner with The Huntington
- A clearly defined project plan with reasonable and measurable goals
Both partnerships are project-based. The partnership will include:
- A Huntington Comes to Class virtual tour
- A special tour designed for your group that may include a talk with a curator or expert in the field
- Small group meetings to work toward a long-term research project or presentation of findings
- Student presentations of their research or project to a panel of experts and Huntington education staff in late spring
Due to COVID-19 regulations, the current collections-based school partnerships have been extended for one year. Applications for new partnerships will be available in January 2022.
Benefits for School Partners
- Free admission for partner school students and their families
- School programs relevant to a collection area and partnership
- Deep Learning Days: immersive days of inquiry, specially designed tours, and hands-on learning
- Family Day for the school
- Collaborative projects with community arts and science partners
- Classroom visits from Huntington staff/teachers with interactive and engaging lessons
- School event attendance
Requirements for School Partnerships
- School Partnership Program is a two-year commitment
- Participants must attend a mandatory planning meeting in May