Opening Hours
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
Manuscripts
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
![Design to fortify St. George's Island at Halifax [cartographic material]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Frail.huntington.org%2FIIIF3%2FImage%2F22APN4MO7DXP%2Ffull%2F%5E360%2C%2F0%2Fdefault.jpg&w=750&q=75)
Manuscripts
Manuscript plan showing proposed fortifications on St. Georges Island at the start of the French and Indian War. Includes 4 insets showing profiles and detailed elevations for various galleries and ramparts.
mssHM 15416
![Plan of the fort on Georges Island. [cartographic material]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Frail.huntington.org%2FIIIF3%2FImage%2F22APN4MOZJ27%2Ffull%2F%5E360%2C%2F0%2Fdefault.jpg&w=750&q=75)
Manuscripts
Manuscript plan, a copy by Samuel Holland, showing a fort on Georges Island. Kashnor, in the Museum Book Store catalog, locates Georges Island on the Hudson River, just above the junction with Fish Creek River in Saratoga County. The location of Georges Island, or its modern-day name has not been verified.
mssHM 15455
![A plan of the battery and redout on the east side of the harbour of Halifax [cartographic material]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Frail.huntington.org%2FIIIF3%2FImage%2F22APN4MOI2U1%2Ffull%2F%5E360%2C%2F0%2Fdefault.jpg&w=750&q=75)
Manuscripts
Manuscript plan showing the early eastern defences of the settlement at Halifax. A profile of the battery is also depicted in inset, showing the outer rampart and covered galleries.
mssHM 15418
![A plan of the batteries erected in the front of the town of Halifax, 1755 [cartographic material]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Frail.huntington.org%2FIIIF3%2FImage%2F22APN4MOGIE2%2Ffull%2F%5E360%2C%2F0%2Fdefault.jpg&w=750&q=75)
Manuscripts
Manuscript plan showing the defensive batteries around Halifax about 6 years after the first European settled there. Shows the layout of the town, the Governor's house, store, ordinance and market buildings and the King's wharf.
mssHM 15423
![Plan of Fort Cumberland [cartographic material]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Frail.huntington.org%2FIIIF3%2FImage%2F22APN4MOI985%2Ffull%2F%5E360%2C%2F0%2Fdefault.jpg&w=750&q=75)
Manuscripts
A manuscript map showing Fort Cumberland, New Brunswick (formerly Fort Beauséjour). Copy by Charles Rivez; the "Explanation" is in another hand. The map shows the profile of the fortifications for several sections. Kashnor attributes the original to Richard Gridley.
mssHM 15414
![Plan of the fortified camp at Fort William Henry, 1756 [cartographic material]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Frail.huntington.org%2FIIIF3%2FImage%2F22APN4MOGM7U%2Ffull%2F%5E360%2C%2F0%2Fdefault.jpg&w=750&q=75)
Manuscripts
Manuscript plan of Fort William Henry, New York depicting the camp shortly after its construction was begun under the orders of Sir William Johnson in September 1755. The fortifications to the south-east end are still incomplete in the plan. The fort was destroyed by French forces in August 1757.
mssHM 15406