Opening Hours
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
Manuscripts
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108

Manuscripts
Drawing No. 1 referred to in the specification of walls, etc. of the State Normal School. Structures, footage indicated. Alt title supplied by cataloger.
mssSolano SR_Map_0636.03

Manuscripts
Shows courses, distances, acreage per numbered lot; penciled annotations; adjacent property owners: Workman, Regan, Forbes. Affixed news clipping: legal notice re: this tract. Alt title supplied by cataloger.
mssSolano SR_Map_0540

Manuscripts
Shows school structure, steps; driveway coordinates (red ink). Title supplied by cataloger.
mssSolano SR_Map_0636.05

Manuscripts
Along San Pedro St. and Jefferson St. to Main St., showing structures, parcel owners; notes from surveys of Mar. 10, 1881, and May 7, 1884. Affixed: 1881 news clipping of property transfers. Survey requested by Messrs. Vigne, Briswalter & Wilson. Color highlighting, bearings, distances, acreage; structures. Title supplied by cataloger.
mssSolano SR_Map_0490.01
Image not available
Manuscripts
This manuscript provides information concerning the State Normal School in Los Angeles, which was located at the southwest corner of Charity Street (renamed Grand Street in 1887) and Fifth Street. This manuscript includes three main sections. The first section titled, "Where We Are Located," is derived from a Los Angeles Daily Herald article which was originally published on May 24, 1889. This section describes the precise geographic coordinates of the State Normal School in Los Angeles. The second section is titled, "State Normal School. January 23, 1886," and this portion details the grading of the grounds for this building's lot. The third section is titled, "Normal School at Los Angeles, Cal." This third section briefly describes the origin of the Normal School in Los Angeles. In 1881, the California State Legislature established the school as a branch of the State Normal School of San José. The school opened on August 29, 1882.
mssHM 4375