Opening Hours
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
Image not available
Visual Materials
A series of three ambrotypes made by photographer Barret Oliver (b. 1973) using the wet plate collodion process. The photographs were made in conjunction with the 2012 Huntington exhibition "A Strange and Fearful Interest: Death, Mourning, and Memory in the American Civil War." Title from photographer.
(photDAG 169-171)
Image not available
Visual Materials
A group of five daguerreotypes and ambrotypes made by artists born in the mid-20th century. Two daguerreotypes by Robert Shlaer (b. 1943) depict a New Mexico landscape, 1992, and a group portrait of 201 Huntington Library employees posed in the institution's Japanese Garden, 2003. Barret Oliver (b. 1973) made three ambrotypes in 2012 of the mausoleum of Henry E. Huntington and Arabella Huntington on the grounds of the Huntington Library.
Series 3

Visual Materials
View of the white marble Huntington mausoleum on the San Marino ranch. Henry E. Huntington and his second wife Arabella Huntington are buried there. Construction was completed in 1929, two years after Mr. Huntington's death.
photCL 107 vol13 pg15 (83)
Image not available
Visual Materials
Date built: 1933 Architect: Pope, John Russell, 1874-1937 Description: Various views of Beaux Arts style mausoleum, tomb, and surrounding garden. Publication(s): Los Angeles: An Architectural Guide, 1994, p. 419, by David Gebhard and Robert Winter; The Huntington Library, Art Collections, Botanical Gardens, p. 142, by Elizabeth Pomeroy.
photCL 415

Visual Materials
A view of the unpaved road leading to the the mausoleum of Henry E. Huntington and his second wife, Arabella Huntington. The mausoleum was completed in 1929.
photCL 107 vol4 p124 (139)

Visual Materials
A view of the fancy metalwork gate at the end of the road leading to the mausoleum of Henry E. Huntington and his second wife, Arabella Huntington. The mausoleum was completed in 1929.
photCL 107 vol4 p123 (138)