Opening Hours
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
Daily: 10 A.M.–5 P.M.
Closed on Tuesdays
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108

Visual Materials
Image of the Bay Bridge as seen from Yerba Buena with cargo ships in the bay and Embarcadero in the distance at right in San Francisco, California.
photCL_555_06_2374

Visual Materials
Image of the Bay Bridge as seen from Embarcadero to Yerba Buena Island in San Francisco, California. Billboards and advertisements can be seen at left and read "Par-T-Pak Beverages," "Langendorf Bread," "Coca-Cola," and "Christie Machine Works," on the side of a building. A "Hills Bros Coffee" sign on the top of the Hills Brothers Coffee Plant at 2 Harrison Street is seen at middle left.
photCL_555_06_2372

Visual Materials
Image of Treasure Island in the San Francisco Bay with the Tower of the Sun and Court of Honor seen at center and Treasure Island Road from Yerba Buena Island at right. The tower and surrounding exhibit halls were built for the 1939-1940 Golden Gate International Exposition World's Fair.
photCL_555_06_2382
Image not available
Visual Materials
This bound album of photographs contains black-and-white aerial views showing the construction of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge over a two year period between 1934 and 1936. The album belonged to United States Senator Hiram W. Johnson, whose name is embossed on the cover. Photographs by B.W. Hellings.
photCL 463

Visual Materials
Image of the city of San Francisco with the Ferry building and clock tower at left and a Mobile gas Pegasus logo sign at center with the Bay Bridge in distance.
photCL_555_06_2371
Image not available
Manuscripts
Collection of technical observations and memoranda related to the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. The manuscript is made up of notes based on reports and information from H. C. Hunter, Fred A. Pneumann, and others, concerning anchorages, cable spinning (including a daily cable spinning report from 1935, December 3), and erection of the towers during the construction of the bridge. The manuscript contains numerous pencil drawings, diagrams, and two photographs of bridge cables. Henry W. Troelsch was assistant engineer at the American Bridge Company, the company responsible for the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
mssHM 75947