Member Programs and Events
In addition to a year of unlimited free admission, Members also receive special invitations to exclusive events including previews of world-class exhibitions, seasonal events, educational lectures, and much more!
Event for All Members
Summer Evening Strolls
Weekends 4:30–8 p.m.
Enjoy a stroll in the gardens at twilight on selected evenings June through August (plus Memorial Day and Labor Day). Reserve
Event for Contributor, Affiliate, Supporting, Patron, and Benefactor
Members’ Discovery Program - Cocktails & Conversation: Discovering Rose Divas and Designers
Thurs., June 3, 7–8 p.m. (PDT)
Join Tom Carruth, E.L. & Ruth B. Shannon Curator of The Huntington’s Rose Collections, and Dan Bifano, renowned rose garden designer, for a virtual conversation about how new roses are created and named, and how beautiful rose gardens are custom designed to reflect an individual’s personality and taste. Reserve
Annual Member Events
- Members' Spring Preview Plant Sale - Members shop early before the sale opens to the public. Choose from a wide variety of rare and unusual plants and proven favorites. Members' invitations include a coupon for an additional 10% discount in the Huntington Store valid on the day of the plant sale.
- Members' Twilight Garden Strolls - Enjoy a lovely stroll in the gardens after hours on selected dates during the summer. Dine in the 1919 café or pick up grab-and-go fare in the Red Car coffee shop.
- Members' Summer Evenings - On selected evenings, Members at the Contributor level and above have the opportunity to walk in the gardens and enjoy casual dining after public hours.
- Founder's Day Lecture - The topic of this annual institutional talk varies and is decided by The Huntington President.
- Holiday Shopping Day - Each December enjoy holiday programming and a boutique filled with one-of-a-kind treasures made by local artisans.
- Exhibition Previews - All members receive special invitations to preview new exhibitions before they open to the public.
- Premier Events - Affiliate through Benefactor Members are invited to attend quarterly lectures and exhibitions. Lecture subject correlates with Huntington exhibitions, and times vary from afternoon to evening.