Kids and Families
There's so much to discover!
Kids and families learn from "the real thing" at The Huntington, be it a personal letter in George Washington's own handwriting, a priceless 18th century cabinet with secret compartments, or a strange carnivorous plant that eats bugs.
- The Conservatory houses interactive exhibits designed to engage children and families in a wonder-filled scientific exploration of plants.
- The Children's Garden is a whimsical space for youngsters to explore the green world and develop a lifelong appreciation for nature.
- Youth and Family Programs include workshops, preschool series, weekend festivals, and even week-long day camps.
- A variety of meal and snack options are available at 1919 Cafe for our littlest guests.
- And while mothers and caregivers are welcome to nurse, bottle-feed, or pump wherever they feel comfortable at The Huntington, the Nursing Mother's Room provides a private, accommodating space.
Enjoy story time at home and connect with The Huntington's collections through a storybook, brought to life by Huntington staff members.
The Funtington is online fun, filled with music, visual art, nature, and cooking demonstrations for kids and families.
The Creativity Lab brings creative distractions into your home every week via Instagram.
The Children's Garden introduces kids to the wonders of the natural world through interactive sculptural elements.
Kids of all ages can explore The Huntington's collections through cooking, art, gardening, and reading workshops and classes!
Kids Classes and Workshops
This 16,000 square-foot greenhouse features 50 interactive exhibits in four galleries and a rare opportunity to study plants from all over the world.
Find dining options for the whole family at one of our five venues.
The Huntington offers a variety of drop-in activities for kids from themed family days to garden-related activity stations. More
Huntington Explorers Club is a week-long morning program for kids age 5-13.
Join us for five days of free online fun for families, filled with explorations of music, dance, visual art, nature, and food.
The Funtington: Family Fun with The Huntington