- For groups of 10 or more
- Estate, Japanese Garden, and Chinese Garden tours available
- Reservations required at least one month in advance and are dependent on availability
- Tour Pricing per person: (includes admission)
- During public hours: Weekdays: $34 I Weekends: $39
- During pre-public hours: Weekdays: $45 I Weekends: $49
- Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-405-2240
An easy outdoor one-hour walking tour that covers the central area of the estate including the world renowned galleries and gardens. Visitors learn how Henry and Arabella Huntington turned their San Marino Ranch into a world famous cultural landmark.
Japanese Garden Tour
Experience a rare opportunity as you tour this beautiful 100-year-old landmark. Begin the tour in the Huntington's Chinese garden, the Garden of Flowing Fragrance, to compare and contrast Chinese and Japanese garden design. Docents guide you through lush green canyons, whispering bamboo, bonsai, a karasansui rock garden, and the new ceremonial teahouse and tea garden. Ninety-minute walking tour, moderate walking and slight elevations, avoiding stairs.
Chinese Garden Tour
Architecture, nature, art and literature meet in Liu Fang Yuan, the Garden of Flowing Fragrance. Groups are guided by specially trained docents on a 90-minute walking tour through the traditional Suzhou-style garden, featuring a 1.5-acre lake, pavilions, a canyon waterfall and hand-carved stone bridges set against a wooded backdrop of mature oaks, pines, camellias and blossoming plum trees. Celebrate the poetry, beauty and rich heritage unique to China.
Tours and admission fees subject to change without notice.