Because The Huntington is closed through April 19 due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be no Free Day in April. We hope to be able to reopen in time for May 7 Free Day. We will not be offering new reservations on April 1 for May 7 Free Day. Instead, we are inviting those with tickets for April Free Day to use them on May 7 Free Day. (Please note they may not be used for any other month besides May 7 Free Day.)
All non-member visitors to The Huntington on the first Thursday of the month (Free Day) must have a ticket.
- Tickets are free and must be reserved online for PRINT-AT-HOME or MOBILE DELIVERY; tickets are not available onsite or via email
- Tickets are available the first day of each month at 9 a.m. preceding the month you wish to visit*. (for example, if you wish to visit on August Free Day, you may reserve tickets July 1).
- All visitors - including infants - need a ticket. Members do not need a ticket.
- Your ticket will be scanned for entry and may not be used for any other month.
- Up to 5 tickets per household; those reserving more than 5 tickets will have all additional tickets invalidated at entry.
- Free Day hours are 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- You may not purchase regular admission tickets on Free Day.
- Due to the popularity of Free Day, tickets are typically fully reserved in 1-2 minutes. If you are not able to get tickets one month, you are welcome to try again another month.
- Food and picnicking is not permitted on the grounds, however, there is a picnic area adjacent to the parking lot where you may eat food you've brought before you enter. See dining for onsite food service options.
- Tea Room reservations are accepted on Free Days via OpenTable. Bring your OpenTable reservation confirmation to the admission windows for check-in. You do not need to reserve separate free day tickets. Walk-in seatings are also available on a first-come, first-served basis for those with free day tickets.
How To Get Tickets:
April Free Day canceled.
- General visitors: reserve your tickets online selecting from two arrival times below, select "Print Tickets" at the end of your order or choose mobile delivery:
- Nonprofit groups: Bus group tickets and parking passes may be ordered up to 3 months in advance. Call 626-405-2240 or email for tickets and bus parking passes.
- School groups (K-12): If you are a school group arriving by bus, call 626-405-2272 or email for tickets and bus reservations. Bus group tickets and parking passes may be ordered up to 3 months in advance.