The Huntington is beginning a phased reopening, with the gardens opening first on July 1, (June 17 for Members). Non-Members must buy tickets online in advance. Members must reserve tickets online in advance.
There will be 2 Free Days in July: July 16 and July 21. All visitors including Members need advance reservations.
Plan Your Visit - Get Tickets
Reserving tickets for Free Day is just like reserving tickets for any other day, except admission is free. Please read the following before reserving tickets:
Admission to The Huntington During COVID-19
Welcome! You'll notice a number of changes in alignment with LA County's health and safety protocols and requirements. Please follow them, knowing that we're working hard to keep both our staff and visitors safe during a period of great uncertainty. Thank You!
Important Notice for all Visitors
The Huntington has put in place a number of new protocols and processes to help ensure the safety of our staff and visitors. It is important that you read through this information in its entirety before your visit. We’re working hard to protect you in the midst of this pandemic, but we’ll need you to do your part, too!
Please do not visit The Huntington if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or COVID symptoms or if you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 10 days:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Not due to a chronic condition:
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle aches
Before You Arrive, Please Be Aware:
All visitors are required to adhere to the following protocols at all times:
All visitors to The Huntington, including Members, must pre-purchase or reserve an e-ticket.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth by all visitors older than 2, and by all staff members.
- Visitors and staff are required to pass a symptom screening with temperature check prior to entry.
- A physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others is required and will be enforced; parties consisting of single households of 6 people or fewer may remain together; children must stay with adults at all times.
- If you begin to feel unwell during your visit you must contact one of our staff by calling 626.405.2250 and providing your location so that we can assist you.
- Credit or debit cards only; The Huntington is a temporarily cashless facility.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at The Huntington
- Visitor capacity reduced and controlled at all locations.
- Indoor galleries as well as high-touch outdoor spaces, including the Children’s Garden and the Rose Hills Conservatory for Botanical Science are closed.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; hand-sanitizer units stationed throughout the buildings.
- Lockers are not available.
- Bring water with you; water fountains are not available; bottled water is available for purchase.
- Wheelchairs are not available.
- Special Assistance Vehicle services will be limited due to restricted occupancy and sanitation protocols. As you plan your trip around the 130 acres of public gardens, please plan accordingly.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
Limit 5 tickets per household. All guests - including infants - need a ticket on Free Day. Your ticket is valid for your selected day only. Please note that your ticket time is your earliest arrival time.
Timed tickets for July 16 Free Day will be available on July 9 at 9 a.m.
TICKETS AVAILABLE JULY 9 AT 9 A.M. FOR JULY 16 FREE DAY
Timed tickets for July 21 Free Day will be available on July 16 at 9 a.m.
TICKETS AVAILABLE JULY 16 AT 9 A.M. FOR JULY 21 FREE DAY
Parking is Free
There are two entrances: Oxford Road and Allen Ave. Handicap parking is conveniently located near the entrance.
Bicycle racks are available near the entrance.
Food and Picnicking
Modified dining options are being finalized at this time with a limited number of outdoor tables for picnicking. Please no outside alcoholic beverages.
Enjoy wireless internet access in select areas throughout the grounds. Look for HEH Guest in your settings on your wireless device.
The Huntington is a smoke-free environment.
Pets are not permitted at The Huntington, with the exception of ADA defined service animals.
Photography and Filming
Photography and filming is permitted; restrictions apply.
Please help us preserve the environment of The Huntington by observing the following:
- Protect against mosquitos; cover up with loose clothing and wear repellent
- Bicycles, skateboards, or sports equipment are not allowed on the grounds
- No radios or musical instruments
- Do not remove plants, flowers, or fruit from the grounds
- Do not feed the wildlife