Succulent Plants Symposium
4 p.m.–5:30 p.m.
The Huntington presents the 38th Annual Succulent Plants Symposium as a Zoom webinar for the second year in a row. Join six of California's most notable experts on succulent plant propagation for a one-hour lightning-round discussion about the plants that challenge them the most as growers and put their skill sets to the test. A 30-minute question-and-answer session follows the presentation.
Speakers and Topics:
- Ernesto Sandoval, UC Davis: Dorstenia gigas: Seeds and Cuttings (how and why)
- Joe Stead, Orange Coast College: Burseraceae: Propagating against all odds.
- Brian Kemble, Ruth Bancroft Garden & Nursery: Echeveria cuspidata var. zaragozae: A miniature gem from northeastern Mexico
- Rob Skillin: Propagating Adenia; Success AND Frustration
- John Trager, The Huntington: Propagation Notes from the Huntington Desert Collections
- Randy Baldwin, San Marcos Growers Nursery: Propagating the white rhino agave, Agave victoriae-reginae 'Albomarginata'
The event will be held online via Zoom. Zoom link will be sent to attendees in registration confirmation email.
Image by Randy Baldwin.