Family Fridays: Movie Nights at The Huntington - Coco
COCO MOVIE POSTPONED DUE TO RAIN FORECAST - NEW DATE: FRIDAY, OCT. 15
MORE TICKETS ADDED!
The new venue—the much bigger Library Lawn—can safely accommodate more guests so we're releasing additional tickets.
Attendees with Oct. 8 tickets have been automatically rebooked to Friday, Oct. 15.
If you cannot attend the new date, please email [email protected] for a full refund.
Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you on Oct. 15!
Experience the magic of the movies at The Huntington with three outdoor movie nights in August, September, and October! Each family-friendly event includes live musical entertainment and a hands-on children’s activity. Bring a picnic (no outside alcohol allowed) or purchase food and concessions from our Movie Night vendors.
Coco (1 hour 49 minutes)
6 p.m. - Doors open
6:15 p.m. - Pre-movie event programming begins
7 p.m. - Movie
In this vibrant tale of family, fun and adventure, an aspiring young musician named Miguel embarks on an extraordinary journey to the magical land of his ancestors. There, the charming trickster Hector becomes an unexpected friend who helps Miguel uncover the mysteries behind his family’s stories and traditions.
Our guest speakers for the Coco family movie night will be Doña Ofelia Esparza, a sixth-generation altarista (altar-maker), artist, and educator, and her daughter, artist Rosanna Esparza Ahrens. In collaboration with the Esparzas, The Huntington is building an ofrenda or altar out of arbors for the movie night. All attendees are invited to bring a 4x6 photo of a family member they would like to honor and remember. There will also be an opportunity to write notes to loved ones and place these notes on the ofrenda as well. Please note that any contributed photos and messages will remain on the ofrenda, so please bring a copy rather than originals of your family photos.
Food and refreshments available for purchase:
- Cena Vegan tacos, nachos, and burritos, handcrafted churros, champurrado, agua fresca (horchata or cucumber & pineapple)
- A Gourmet Quickie tacos and quesadillas
- Concession snacks
- Beer, wine, cocktails
There is no waitlist for the event.
- No tickets will be sold at the door. Please reserve your tickets online.
- Maximum of 8 tickets per transaction.
- Picnicking allowed on the lawn. No outside alcohol is permitted. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. See individual movie listings for details about each night’s offerings.
- Event will take place on the Library Lawn in front of the Library.
- Please bring your own blankets and low, beach-style folding chairs. Please avoid high-backed chairs that would obstruct viewing for others. Those with chairs with a seat height over 12" may be asked to sit with their party in a designated area.
- All gardens and galleries will be closed for this event.
- Free parking in main parking lot.
- Please check the weather prior and dress accordingly.
- Restrooms will be available for public use in the Education and Visitor Center and the Boone Gallery.
- If you or anyone within your group is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we ask you to please stay home to ensure the health and safety of our audience and staff.
- Children should be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the event.
- No pets please
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds. Tickets are transferable and will be accepted only on the specified date reserved.
- If you would like to request accessibility-related accommodations, please contact [email protected].
Family Fridays: Movie Nights at The Huntington is sponsored by the Office of the President.