Family Fridays: Movie Nights at The Huntington - A Bug's Life
6 p.m.–9 p.m.
Experience the magic of the movies at The Huntington with three outdoor movie nights in August, September, and October! Each family-friendly event includes live musical entertainment and a hands-on children's activity. Bring a picnic (no outside alcohol allowed) or purchase food and concessions from our Movie Night vendors.
Please check back for updates before the event as County health guidelines may change.
- Friday, Aug. 13: Moana
- Friday, Sept. 10: A Bug’s Life
- Friday, Oct. 8: Coco (tickets available Sept. 14)
A Bug's Life (96 minutes)
6 p.m. - Doors open
6:15 p.m. - Live entertainment
7:15 p.m. - Movie
A resourceful but bumbling ant named Flik recruits a band of insect circus performers to save his colony from an army of greedy grasshoppers.
Food and Refreshments available for purchase:
- Popcorn and kettle corn
- Gourmet hot dogs and sausages (including vegetarian option), hamburgers, and fries
- La Ice Italian Ice (chocolate, mango, strawberry, lemon)
- Beer, wine, specialty cocktails, and soft drinks
Entertainment provided by Fret Train.
- No tickets will be sold at the door. Please reserve your tickets online.
- Maximum of 8 tickets per transaction.
- As you enter our event spaces, your safety and the safety of others around you are our highest priority. Masks are recommended in crowded outdoor areas and are required when standing in line (check-in, concessions, Aloha Bar, and restrooms) and when using the indoor restroom facilities.
- Picnicking allowed on the lawn. No outside alcohol is permitted. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. See individual movie listings for details about each night’s offerings.
- Event will take place on the Brown Lawn in front of the Virginia Steele Scott Galleries of American Art.
- Please bring your own blankets and low, beach-style folding chairs. Please avoid high-backed chairs that would obstruct viewing for others. Those with chairs with a seat height over 12" may be asked to sit with their party in a designated area.
- All gardens and galleries will be closed for this event.
- Free parking in main parking lot.
- Please check the weather prior and dress accordingly.
- Restrooms will be available for public use in the Education and Visitor Center and the Boone Gallery.
- If you or anyone within your group is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we ask you to please stay home to ensure the health and safety of our audience and staff.
- No pets please
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds. Tickets are transferable and will be accepted only on the specified date reserved.
- If you would like to request accessibility-related accommodations, please contact [email protected].
Family Fridays: Movie Nights at The Huntington is sponsored by the Office of the President.