The Art of Writing
10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Join The Huntington this fall for The Art of Writing, a three-class, in person workshop for adults. The classes will explore the many forms of writing we can encounter at The Huntington across culture, time, and place. Working with educators, curators, scholars, and writers, participants will learn about the art of writing through primary source materials and will have multiple opportunities to be inspired and enjoy creative writing and reflection. All materials will be provided.
This workshop series will occur Saturdays from 10 a.m.–noon, Oct. 9, 16, and 23.
If you have any questions or concerns or would like any additional information, please contact Joy Harding.
By attending this event, you attest and agree to provide proof of full vaccination prior to entry to this event. Guests who do not show proof of full vaccination and do not wear a mask will not be allowed entry. See protocols for indoor events below.
Protocols for Indoor Events
Due to the recent rise in COVID-19 positive cases resulting from the highly infectious Delta variant, Los Angeles County has reinstated certain COVID-19 protocols and provided best practice guidance to minimize the risk of transmission at events. The following protocols are in compliance with Los Angeles County’s regulations and advisories.
On July 28, 2021, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health reinstated a mask mandate for indoor settings that includes regulations on eating and drinking while indoor spaces. In compliance, The Huntington is requiring the following protocols for ALL indoor events.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all event attendees and staff working indoors MUST wear a permissible face mask, except while actively eating or drinking.
- Based on guidance from health authorities, masks with exhalation valves, vents, or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings at The Huntington.
- All event attendees at an indoor event are required to be seated or standing in a stationary place while actively eating or drinking.
- At this time, indoor reception-style events that include food and beverage where guests mingle and move around freely while eating or drinking are not allowed.
Effective Sept. 7, 2021, in addition to the above requirements, The Huntington will also require the following protocols for ALL indoor events:
- To enhance safety and lower the risk of transmission indoor spaces which are higher-risk settings, The Huntington will require all persons participating (guests and staff) in indoor events to be fully vaccinated by the date of the event. Vaccination verification will be required for entry into the event
For proof of vaccination status, please bring the following with you:
- Ticket with the event confirmation QR code AND
- Photo ID AND
- CDC vaccination card (original) or other original certificate issued by a government health service that includes your full name, vaccine product name, and dates administered OR
- Digital COVID-19 vaccine record with QR code OR
- Digital image of the front of your original vaccine card that includes your full name, vaccine product name, and dates administered
Currently, we are unable to accept proof of a negative test or grant exemptions.
The California Department of Health lets you request a digital copy of your vaccine record. Pharmacies, healthcare providers, and many others participate in the Smart Health Card standard, which allows you to download a digital version of your record to your phone. Another provider-agnostic service VaxYes will verify your COVID-19 vaccine records and give you a free digital vaccine card for your phone’s wallet. Visit the Los Angeles County Department of Health website for more information on COVID-19 vaccination records.
- Receiving both doses in a two-dose series of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
- OR you received a single dose of Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen vaccine