The Huntington is a world-class research and educational institution because the dedicated people who bring their exceptional talent and expertise to work every day make it not just a wonderful place to work, but a magnificent treasure for members and visitors. The Huntington considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
- The Huntington has retained executive search firm Koya Leadership Partners to assist in finding the next Nadine & Robert A. Skotheim Director of Education and Public Programs. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Create an account - To be considered for employment you must create an account and submit an employment application online. If you are unable to complete an application online, you may fill out an employment application in person at: The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, 1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CA 91108
- Apply for a position - Once you have created an account, you may apply for as many positions as you wish. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, we are unable to respond to phone messages. You will be notified ONLY if you are selected for an interview.
Employees have a variety of opportunities to enjoy The Huntington's beautiful and educational environment including walking in the gardens and galleries during breaks, interacting with colleagues in the coffee shop or café, attending annual staff events, and previewing new exhibitions. Employees also enjoy discounts in the Huntington Store, 1919 Café, and Red Car coffee shop.
Employees with a regular schedule of at least 20 hours per week enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
- vacation and paid sick leave
- holiday pay
- pre-tax retirement savings plan
- TIAA retirement plan
- employee assistance program
- access to Caltech Credit Union and recreation facilities
Full-time and staff with a regular schedule of at least 30 hours per week may participate in:
- Medical, dental and vision plan options
- Basic and supplemental life and AD&D insurance plan
- Long-term disability plan
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Health Savings Account
The Huntington offers internships on an as-available basis. For descriptions, qualifications, and how to apply, see Internships.