Huntington staff members have various opportunities to enjoy this beautiful and educational environment. Some walk through the gardens during break periods, while others enjoy interactions with colleagues at the coffee cart or the café. All staff are invited to attend the annual holiday luncheon and the annual staff picnic held here on the Huntington grounds. As new exhibitions open, staff are invited to view the exhibitions and hear from the curators during Staff Preview events. Employee discounts are also offered in the Huntington's Bookstore, and for other entertainment and cultural venues.
Various opportunities are available to encourage good health and well-being, such as the Huntington's Weight Watchers-At-Work program, brown bag sessions conducted by health care representatives, and the annual health/benefits fair.
In addition, Regular and Grant-sponsored Huntington staff members with a regular schedule of at least 20 hours per week enjoy a comprehensive fringe benefits package which includes:
- Paid sick leave
- Holiday pay
- Pre-tax retirement savings plan
- TIAA-CREF Retirement plan (upon satisfying the eligibility criteria)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Informational and skill-building workshops to enhance job performance
- Access to Caltech Credit Union
- Access to Caltech Recreation facilities
- Access to Caltech Staff Development and Training programs
In addition, full-time Regular and Grant-sponsored staff with a regular schedule of at least 30 hours per week may participate in:
- Medical plan options
- Life insurance plan
- Long-term disability plan
- Voluntary dental plan
- Voluntary supplemental life and AD&D insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (pre-tax reimbursement accounts for medical and dependent care expenses)
Eligibility for specific benefit plans depends on a number of factors including employment classification, regularly scheduled working hours, and other criteria. Some benefit plans require completion of a waiting period for enrollment.